This morning when I checked out my e-mail I was both amazed and gratified to discover that I had just been awarded the Liebster Blog Award.
Samantha Stacia who blogs over at My Paranormal Pen, and who also created and oversees the support group for women over 40 who write, Blooming Late, nominated my blog for this award, citing her reasons as enjoyment of a “well done blog about her writing journey”.
Thank you Samantha!
The rules of the award are as follows:
The Liebster Blog Award is an award for blogs with under 200 followers. Apparently Liebster is German for “beloved” and a blog nominated for this award is “worth watching”.
There are 5 rules attached to this award:
1. If you are nominated for the award and accept it, then you have won!
2. Link back to the person who presented the award to you.
3. Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers who you feel deserve the award.
4. Let the nominees know by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Attach the Liebster award badge to your site.
I spent a little time trying to find out some background and history about this award, but found it difficult to get much further than lots of links to others who have received the award themselves. So if anyone knows anything, please leave a note in the comment section below.
The main aim of the Liebster Blog award appears to be an attempt to offer public recognition to relatively new and unknown bloggers for their blogging. Personally I think this is a great idea, and not just because I have received the award! Over recent months I had noticed the Liebster badge on many of the blogs I visited, and I often wondered how I might get one of these pretty little badges for my blog. Well now I have been honoured with one (thank you Samantha!) and all I need do now is figure out how to attach it to the side bar of my blog!! This is not a small challenge for a technophobe, but hopefully it will not turn out to be insurmountable! (I still haven’t managed to successfully attach my She Writes badge to my blog yet!)
According to Amanda Socci who blogs at Creative Idea Gal, “the origins of the Liebster blog award lie in Germany. The exact date when the Liebster blog award began is unknown. The earliest Liebster blog award I was able to find is April 2011which leads me to an educated guess that the Liebster blog award is a mere two years old.”
And now, Ta Dah,
the Winners and most recent recipients of the Liebster Blog Award are: (drum roll please….)
1. Julie Christine Johnson who blogs about writing, books and her sources of inspiration at Chalk the Sun. Be sure to check her blog out and enjoy basking in the lyrical beauty of her search for the truly perfect sentence.
2. Lori Gloyd who blogs about writing and art over at Miss Pelican’s Perchand who creates the most amazing images playing with her camera and the computer!
3. Beverly Steeves who blogs over at Black Ink Paperieand shouldn’t be missed for her wonderful wit, honesty and sense of humour!
4. June Perkins,who really is a super energetic blogger and activist, and just to look at all she manages to achieve over at her blog Unity’s Gardenis enough to make me tired! June, you are wonderful!
5. Carol, a long time blogging friend and whose blog I love to keep an eye on just to find out what she’s up to now! Check out her art, stories and gorgeous photos over at The Journey is the Destination
And finally, I want to present an extra special award to the woman who started it all for me and so many others, all those years ago. Thank you Heather for encouraging me to keep on doing what you knew I needed to do, long before I did! I love you! Check out Heather Blakey’s original blog here at Soul Food Cafe (way more than 200 followers at this one, so officially I am breaking the rules!) and also her newest blog here.
Congratulations to everyone!!!! Let’s party!! Whoo hoo!!!